Introducing the Chironomid by Cunningham Boats!
A true grass-roots cross-border collaboration by a few guys who just love canoes, boats and fishing, and wanted to make something special.
The Cunningham Chironomid was the idea of Joe Cunningham in 2015 after having spent a number of years using and admiring the accessories of Spring Creek Outfitters.
Joe and our own Chuck Newberg starting talking, then planning and sending sketches and photos back and forth. Joe had a hull specifically designed by friends in Nelson, British Columbia, Canada and then brought the first hull (they are built by Hellman Canoes of Nelson) down to us in Mountain Iron.
Chuck and Joe spent a week building the first prototype in March 2016. With a few tweaks here are the production models that are a collaboration of Spring Creek, Hellman’s and Cunningham Boats. Some manufacturing takes place in all three companies. The final boats are assembled at Cunningham Boats.
Now you can buy one directly through us here!
Contact us directly by phone (800) 937-8881 for more info or to order.
$2650 + shipping costs
The boats are delivered from Cunningham Boats in Pincher Creek so special arrangements are made for each new owner’s delivery.
“ON THE WATER” ADVANTAGES
• Tracks incredibly well … even in stiff wind
•Very stable and easy for standing
• Extremely fast
• Very comfortable, high sitting position
• Unique double anchoring system with reels
• Has horizontal rod holding system for 4 rods
• Truck or car can easily carry two
• High quality Kevlar hull and anodized aluminum rigging
• Set-up time: 6 minutes
• Almost no additional accessories required
OTHER GREAT FEATURES
• Personalized full customer support via phone and email
• All accessories, parts, related products available from Cunningham Boats
•The Chironomid is FULLY GUARANTEED for materials and workmanship for 3 years.
• 14 ft. 2 in. long Kevlar hull
• 34 in. at the beam
• 17 in. deep at bow and stern
• 13 in. deep at center
• 30 lbs. with gunwales
• 40 lbs. with permanent rigging
• Anodized aluminum
• Anchor reels, oar towers, deck plates, pontoons, seat - high density or high molecular weight polyethylene, and nylon
BOAT PACKAGE INCLUDES
• Folded, padded swivel seat with quick-release mount
• 7.5 ft. oars and oar locks
• Oar outriggers
• Ergonomically mounted anchor reels with flip locks (and quick release mounts)
• 4 rod storage mounting system
• Pontoon outriggers
• Padded oar rests
• Built in anchor line guide
• Kevlar landing bang plate
• Anchor bumpers